Personal Information Collection Statement
We, Kam Lung Motor Group (“KLM”) are committed to ensuring that all personal data collected are handled in accordance with the requirements of the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance (Cap. 486) of the Laws of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (the “Ordinance”).
This Personal Information Collection Statement (the “Statement”) is made in accordance with the Ordinance and the guidelines issued by the Privacy Commissioner for Personal Data. This Statement sets out the purposes for which your personal data will be used following their collection, what you are agreeing to with respect to the use of your personal data by KLM and your rights under the Ordinance.
1. Use of Personal Data
1.1 We on different occasions collect personal data that we believe to be relevant and necessary to conduct our business with you. The provision of your personal data is voluntary. However, please note that failure to supply such personal data may result in KLM being unable to provide or continue to provide products and services to you.
1.2 Personal data collected by us may be used for any of the following purposes (collectively, the “Purposes”):
- purchase of products/services of KLM and/or other companies associated or affiliated with KLM;
- using our online services;
- processing your application for and providing vehicle insurance and/or financing or leasing of vehicles;
- processing requests for test drives and transactions;
- verifying your identity and identify you/any membership you hold with us;
- preventing fraud and enhancing the security of your account or our online services, responding to your requests and communicating with you;
- understanding and managing your preferences;
- conducting marketing of any goods or services provided by KLM, its subsidiaries, affiliates and associated companies;
- providing you tailored content and marketing messages;
- arranging for vehicle registration, insurance, hire purchase and/or leasing of the vehicles;
- arranging for the maintenance, repair and other after-sale services of vehicles;
- for the authorized service dealer to conduct maintenance, repair and other after-sale services;
- assessment, maintenance and improvement of our services;
- providing you with customer service and responding to your queries, feedback or claims;
- conducting market analysis, statistical or other surveys, research and studies;
- marketing products and/or services of KLM and/or its affiliates, subsidiaries or associated companies and all other incidental and associated purposes directly relating thereto (Please refer to the section headed “Direct Marketing” below for further information);
- customizing our website and its content to your particular preference;
- notifying you of any changes to our website or to services that may affect you;
- processing billing and payment, determining outstanding amounts and, if necessary, collecting outstanding payments;
- anticipating and resolving problems with any products/services supplied or to be supplied;
- complying with the applicable laws of any jurisdiction;
- making disclosure as required by any applicable law, rules, regulations, codes of practice or guidelines binding on KLM and/or its affiliates, subsidiaries or associated companies;
- assisting in law enforcement and/or investigations by police or other government or regulatory authorities in Hong Kong or elsewhere;
- achieving any other purposes as specified when your personal data is collected;
- achieving any other lawful purposes relating to any of the aforesaid purposes; and any other purposes incidental and directly related to any of the above.
We may also use data that we collect on an aggregate or anonymous basis (such that it does not identify any individual customers) for various business purposes, where permissible under applicable laws and regulations.
KLM will not be entitled to use your personal data for any purposes other than the Purposes (or purposes as specified in a personal information collection statement when we collect your personal data) without your express and informed consent in writing.
KLM will not be entitled to use your personal data in violation of any applicable laws or regulations.
2. Transfer of personal data
2.1 Personal data held by KLM relating to you will be kept confidential but KLM may disclose such data to or such data may become accessible or known to all or any of the following parties or entities (whether within or outside Hong Kong) to the extent necessary for any of the Purposes:-
- our agents, service providers, contractors, and consultants who process data on our behalf, provide maintenance services of our database or data entry services or who otherwise provide us with administrative, telecommunications, computer, payment, data processing or storage, technical support, or other products/services;
- our duly authorized employees who need to know such data in order to process it for us or for the performance of their duties;
- our affiliates, subsidiaries or associated companies for Purposes mentioned above and all other incidental and associated purposes relating thereto for fulling the purposes for which it was collected (subject to any consent requirement relating to “Direct Marketing” below);
- other companies to bring you co-branded services, products or programs;
- any actual or proposed assignee or transferee of KLM’s business; and
- our professional advisers including financial advisers and legal advisers.
2.2 KLM may disclose your personal data to third parties under the following circumstances:
- in cases where it is required by law, rules, regulations, codes of practice on guidelines binding on KLM or law enforcement agencies or a court order;
- when KLM believes in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect your safety or the safety of others or for the detection, investigation or prevention of illegal activities including fraud;
- as a result of a sale, merger, acquisition, consolidation, group reorganization, change of control, liquidation, or transfer of our assets;
- where KLM needs to protect and defend its legal rights and property; and
- where KLM considers necessary to do so in order to comply with any applicable laws and regulations, or any orders or directions made or given by a court of competent jurisdiction.
3. Direct Marketing
3.1 KLM intends to use your personal data for direct marketing, and for such purpose, your personal data held by KLM may be provided to any of our affiliates, subsidiaries or associated companies for their use for direct marketing. The intended kinds of personal data to be used and the intended classes of marketing subjects are specified in this Statement. However, we will only use your personal data when we have received your consent or where the use is permitted under the Ordinance.
3.2 For direct marketing use, KLM or its affiliates, subsidiaries or associated companies intend to use your full name, residential/office address(es), residential/office/mobile phone number(s), residential/office/fax number(s) and email address(es) for (i) the supply of our products and/or services which we may offer to you or you may require from us from time to time and (ii) marketing, promotional and customer relationship management purposes, including but not limited to:
- giving you updates on the latest offers and promotions in connection with our products and services;
- conducting market research;
- brand activities;
- car shows and customer activities;
- motor-related services and products;
- motor-related insurance;
- motor sales and aftersales services; and
- edemption gifts, loyalty, reward or privileges programs.
3.3 Suitable measures are implemented by KLM to make available to you the option to “opt-out” of allowing your personal data to be used in any of the described direct marketing purposes. You can opt-out free-of-charge by writing to our Customer Relations Department, Kam Lung Motor Group at 53-57 Chai Wan Kok Street, Tsuen Wan, New Territories, Hong Kong or by sending email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. Right to Data Access and Correction
4.1 You are entitled at any time to request our confirmation as to whether your personal data has been collected by KLM and if so, access to your personal data held by us, or to request for correction or deletion of such data, or to withdraw your consent regarding its future use by KLM. We may charge a reasonable fee for the processing of such data access or correction or deletion requests.
4.2 You may direct your requests in writing to our Customer Relations Department, Kam Lung Motor Group at 53-57 Chai Wan Kok Street, Tsuen Wan, New Territories, Hong Kong or by email to email@example.com.
4.3 In the event that you wish to access or amend your personal data, KLM may request you to provide proof of your identity and all such requisite information to ascertain your identity.
Customer Relations Department
Kam Lung Motor Group
Address: 53-57 Chai Wan Kok Street, Tsuen Wan, New Territories, Hong Kong
This Statement may change from time to time, so please check back periodically. Each time you visit our website or use our services, you agree to be bound by the Statement in force at that time.
This Statement is available in the Chinese and English versions. In the event of inconsistencies or discrepancies between the two versions, the English version shall prevail.