Kam Lung Motor Group
Our commitment to protect your privacy
We, Kam Lung Motor Group (“KLM”) are committed to protecting your Personal Data (as defined hereinafter) by complying with the requirements of Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance (Cap. 486) (the “Ordinance”). KLM will ensure compliance by our staff with the strictest standard of security and confidentiality.
Collection of Personal Data
“Personal data” refers to any data or information from which an individual may be directly or indirectly identified (“Personal Data”). We on different occasions collect and use Personal Data that we believe to be relevant and necessary to conduct our business. The types of Personal Data we collect may include, but not limited to:
- Contact information such as your name, email address, mailing address, telephone number, and fax number;
- Unique identifiers such as your date of birth, HKID, passport number and driver’s license numbers (or comparable);
- Billing information such as your credit card number, bank account information, and billing address; and
- limited location information (for example, an address code to help you find a nearby dealer or partner), user name and password.
Occasionally we may receive information about you from other sources which we will add to the information we already hold about you in order to assist us to provide, improve and personalise our services to you.
In general, KLM does not knowingly collect any Personal Data from any person under the age of 18. In any event, KLM will delete such Personal Data collected as soon as practicable after it is discovered.
If you choose not to provide your Personal Data, you will in most cases still be able to use this site. [However, please note that it is mandatory to provide Personal Data marked with asterisks. In the event that you do not provide such Personal Data], we may not be able to provide you with some of our products or services or access to certain parts of our website which require registration, if any. Although you are not obliged to provide your Personal Data as requested, KLM will not be able to provide and administer products and services in the event that you fail to do so.
Use of Personal Data
The Personal Data provided by you or on your behalf to KLM from time to time as well as all other Personal Data related to you collected and held by KLM will be used for any of the following purposes (collectively, the “Purposes”):
- purchase of products/services of KLM and/or other companies associated or affiliated with KLM;
- using our website and online services;
- processing your application for and providing vehicle insurance and/or financing or leasing of vehicles;
- processing requests for test drives and transactions;
- verifying your identity and identify you/any membership you held with us;
- preventing fraud and enhancing the security of your account or our online services, responding to your requests and communicating with you;
- managing your preferences;
- providing you tailored content and marketing messages;
- arranging for vehicle registration, insurance, hire purchase and/or leasing of the vehicles;
- arranging for the maintenance, repair and other after-sale services of vehicles;
- for authorized service dealer to conduct maintenance, repair and other after-sale services;
- assessment, maintenance and improvement of our services;
- providing you with customer service and responding to your queries, feedback or claims;
- conducting market analysis, statistical or other surveys, research and studies;
- marketing products and/or services of KLM and/or its affiliates, subsidiaries or associated companies and all other incidental and associated purposes directly relating thereto. Please refer to the section “Direct Marketing” below for further information;
- customizing our website and its content to your particular preference;
- notify you of any changes to our website or to services that may affect you;
- processing billing and payment, determining outstanding amounts and, if necessary, collecting outstanding payments;
- anticipating and resolving problems with any products/services supplied or to be supplied;
- complying with the applicable laws of any jurisdiction;
- making disclosure as required by any applicable law, rules, regulations, codes of practice or guidelines binding on KLM and/or its affiliates, subsidiaries or associated companies;
- assisting in law enforcement and/or investigations by police or other government or regulatory authorities in Hong Kong or elsewhere;
- achieving any other lawful purposes relating to any of the aforesaid purposes; and
- any other purposes incidental and directly related to any of the above.
We may also use data that we collect on an aggregate or anonymous basis (such that it does not identify any individual customers) for various business purposes, where permissible under applicable laws and regulations.
KLM will not be entitled to use your Personal Data for any purposes other than the Purposes without your express and informed consent in writing.
Usage and Other Information
For your convenience, KLM may in the future offer you the ability to access some of our offers and services through mobile applications and mobile optimized websites. When you interact with us through such channels, we may collect information such as unique device identifiers for your mobile device, your screen resolution and other device settings, information about your location, and analytical information about how you use your mobile device. We may ask your permission before collecting certain information (such as precise geo-location information) through these channels.[p1]
- recognize you whenever you visit thesite;
- obtain information about your preferences, viewing and browsing behavior, online movements and use of the Internet;
- keep track of the items stored in your shopping basket and take you through the checkout process;
- carry out research and statistical analysis to help improve our services and to help us better understand our visitor and customer requirements and interests;
- target our marketing and advertising campaigns and those of our business partners and advertisers more effectively by providing interest-based advertisements that are customized to your interests;
- make your online experience more efficient and enjoyable; and
- enable tighter security.
For direct marketing use, KLM intends to use your name and contact information for (i) the supply of our products and/or services which we may offer to you or you may require from us from time to time and (ii) marketing, promotional and customer relationship management purposes, including but not limited to:
- giving you updates on latest offers and promotions in connection with our products and services;
- conducting market research;
- brand activities;
- car shows and customer activities;
- motor-related services and products;
- motor-related insurance;
- motor sales and aftersales services; and
- redemption gifts, loyalty, reward or privileges programs.
Suitable measures are implemented by KLM to make available to you the option to “opt-out” of allowing your Personal Data to be used in any of the described direct marketing purposes. You can opt-out free-of-charge by writing to our Customer Relations Department, Room 708, Nan Fung Commercial Centre, 19 Lam Lok Street, Kowloon Bay, Hong Kong or by sending email to .
Disclosure of Personal Data
Personal Data supplied to KLM will be kept confidential. KLM does not sell or trade your Personal Data with third parties and we strive to protect your privacy. However, we may disclose such data to or such data may become accessible or known to all or any of the following persons or entities to the extent necessary for achieving the Purposes:
- our agents, service providers, contractors, and consultants who process data on our behalf, provide maintenance services of our database or data entry services or who otherwise provide us with administrative, telecommunications, computer, payment, data processing or storage, technical support, or other products/services;
- our duly authorized employees who need to know such data in order to process it for us or for the performance of their duties;
- our affiliates, subsidiaries or associated companies for Purposes mentioned above and all other incidental and associated purposes relating thereto for fulling the purposes for which it was collected (subject to any consent requirement relating to “Direct Marketing” above);
- other companies to bring you co-branded services, products or programs;
- any actual or proposed assignee, transferee, participant or sub-participant of KLM’s rights or business; and
- our professional advisers including financial advisers and legal advisers.
KLM may disclose the Personal Data to third parties under the following circumstances:
- in cases where it is required by law, rules, regulations, codes of practice on guidelines binding on KLM or law enforcement agencies or a court order;
- when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect your safety or the safety of others or for the detection, investigation or prevention of illegal activities including fraud;
- as a result of a sale, merger, acquisition, consolidation, group reorganization, change of control, liquidation, or transfer of our assets;
- where KLM needs to protect and defend its legal rights and property; and
- where KLM considers necessary to do so in order to comply with any applicable laws and regulations, or any orders or directions made or given by a court of competent jurisdiction.
Storage of Personal Data
Due to the international nature of our business, we may process and store your Personal Data outside Hong Kong. We may therefore transfer your Personal Data to our affiliate, subsidiary or associated companies outside Hong Kong for data processing and storage. This may involve a transfer of your Personal Data to a jurisdiction where the level of personal data protection may be different.
Your data may be transferred and stored outside of Hong Kong in a secure KLM system or a third party system under contract with KLM or a KLM affiliate. By submitting personal information to KLM or using any KLM website, you understand and consent to such transfer.
All Personal Data that has been collected from you may be retained for a period of time necessary for achieving the purposes for which it is collected or as long as required by applicable law.
In the event any law enforcement agency or regulatory body requests that any Personal Data collected by KLM be preserved for the purpose of an active investigation of a crime, the relevant Personal Data may be retained until such time when it is collected by the relevant law enforcement agency or regulatory body.
KLM endeavors to take appropriate steps to ensure that your Personal Data will be protected. We use a variety of physical, technological and organizational measures to safeguard and secure your personal data from unauthorized or accidental access, processing, erasure or other use.
Please however note that no data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed to be completely secured. As such, we do not guarantee the security of any data that are transferred from you or to you via the internet.
Third party websites
Information about other individuals
If you give us information on behalf of someone else, you confirm that the other person has appointed you to act on his or her behalf and has agreed that you can:
- give consent on his or her behalf to the processing of his or her Personal Data;
- receive on his or her behalf any data protection notices;
- give consent to the transfer of his or her Personal Data abroad; and
- give consent to the processing of his or her Personal Data or other data.
Updating Your Personal Data
You are entitled at any time to request our confirmation as to whether your Personal Data has been collected by KLM and if so, access to your Personal Data held by us, or to request for correction or deletion of such data, or to withdraw your consent regarding its future use by KLM. We may charge a reasonable fee for the processing of such data access or correction or deletion requests.
You may direct your requests in writing to our Customer Relations Department, : Room 708, Nan Fung Commercial Centre, 19 Lam Lok Street, Kowloon Bay Hong Kong, or by email to email@example.com
In the event that you wish to access or amend your Personal Data, KLM may request you to provide proof of your identity and all such requisite information to ascertain your identity.